Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Rag Dolls

My one friend Anene is expecting her first baby and they are so excited. Unfortunately there is complications and it seems like she will not be able to carry for her full 9 months. Never the less we are looking at the bright side of things and know that she and Mieke (she has the name already) will be doing just fine. I have done so much shopping for this baby and is so excited that I can hardly wait. So every time I'm in the shops and I see something remotely pink, I buy it. This rag doll was obviously one of those moments where I just could not help myself. Ag, come on, a girl has to have a rag doll!! My daughter, Hananja (17) had one, and named it "Lemon", quite appropriate, as the doll had a yellow dress and yellow hair. She just loved this doll and took it everywhere. Well one Sunday afternoon while we were walking down the walkway along the beach in Sea Point, she dropped it as she was falling asleep in her pram. Unfortunately nobody noticed and only when she woke up and realized that Lemon was gone, chaos took place. Needless to say we went looking for Lemon, but could not find her. I bought another rag doll, even more cute than the first. Hananja however will never forget Lemon..............nothing like your first rag doll.

1 comment:

Suzi-k said...

cute story! My sister had a teddybear called Ribbon Daisy that had to go everywhere with her, it was as flat as a biscuit from being slept on. On one holiday to South Africa, she noticed it was left behind when we had already travelled for 3 hours. I can't describe the tantrum! (And to be honest, I can't remember if we went home for it.... must ask her!)