Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Xmas - yippie!!



I just so much love Xmas........... I just do!!
I start celebrating Xmas by 25 November, when I take out my Xmas tree and start decorating my home and the office. The staff at work have their own Xmas tree and we also tie a string across the office for all the Xmas cards we receive.
Xmas to me is a time to show how much you care about those people who are really close to you. We have always had this agreement in my family to only buy gifts for those you are with on Xmas day. We are usually overseas on Xmas day, which makes it so easy.........


The three of us would always go out for a HUGE supper on Xmas eve and then attend a church service at 12 o'clock. After that Hananja (my daughter 17) can not wait any longer........... so we would return to our hotel and start opening gifts. Its her turn first and we watch and enjoy every gift she opens with her, then my husband and then myself. There has never been a Xmas without a Xmas tree or a gift in my family................. how simple or small did not matter.

I remember...... we were on holiday in Sun City and stayed in a very posh hotel. There was a Ficus Benyamin in our hotel room and I bought Xmas decorations and it worked out that this was most probably one of the best Xmas tree we have ever had. We also hide the presents that year and Hananja had so much fun finding it.

So regardless of people forgetting what Xmas is all about, me and my family still enjoy celebrating it in the old fashioned way. Eating until you are tired, sleeping until you are hungry and rejoicing that Jesus was born for us...

1 comment:

sam said...

this is such a cool post, it seems like you guys have got it SOOOO right, keeping it fun and real without getting sucked into all the stress. Where will you be this year?