Monday, May 19, 2008

In the Eye of the Storm

A wise sea captain caught in a tropical storm knows that if he holds his vessel on the periphery it will get hurried from one side to the other. If he can reach the eye of the storm, he will enter a place of stillness. The storm will then subside and the ship can continue its journey.
Similarly, when everything around me is changing in a very intense way, the best place for me to seek shelter and refuge is not on the outside, but deep within the self, where I can get in touch with my own inner being, find strength and stability, then come out and do whatever it is I need to do.
A friend send me this e mail this morning and I immediately knew this was where I am at the moment. In the eye of the storm.......
Being in the eye of the storm has left me in a place of stillness, yes I am now reaching for that strenght and stability. May it stay with me when I found it, cause I'm tyred of storms and being hurried from one side to the other.
Starting this week I am concentrating on the positive (and there is so many in my life). How is it that you can have all but feel you have nothing?
When this storm inside me subsides I want to come out and know what to do, how to do it and how to continue doing it.
Wish me luck as I will need it..............

1 comment:

sam said...

the funny thing about storms is that, above them and all around them, the sun is still shining, and eventually when you emerge from the clouds, there it is waiting to shine on you! If you look around, you might even see a few rays shining through already!